The garden is kicking into another gear (even if we only finally got a bit of rain yesterday and today).
In the last 24 hours, we have picked:
– three pattypan squashes;
– three cucumbers (gave one to the three-year-old next door, whose own first cucumber will be ready within a few days, and traded the first white one for some of another neighbor’s first tomatoes);
– four Yukon Gold potatoes (and am sure there are more under the ground);
– two oversized white radishes that had been forgotten about;
– large Swiss Chard;
– seven gorgeous cloves of garlic that were in the raised beds, plus three puny ones that were next to raspberries (poor soil?);
– a few zucchini flowers to try to stuff (and to reduce the future glut)
– parsley and basil;
– pretty much the last peas.
Tomorrow we may pick purple beans for dinner. And another squash.